Friday, March 6, 2009

Life's Tough Decisions

I have been putting off writing this post for almost a week now. I think I was trying to come to grips with the life changing decision Ryan and I have made for our family. We have decided it is in our families best interest to move to Utah. Now I always thought that if I got the chance to move "home" I would be so excited...well, I'm not. I think this has been the most difficult decision Ryan and I have had to make for our family so far. There was a lot of fasting, praying, and going to the temple. Although I know and have peace that this is the right decision it doesn't make it any easier. I am going to miss sooooo much!! What I am going to miss the most are the wonderful people who have made themselves a part of my life. They are priceless. I have never had such great friends. I don't even know how to tell them how much I love them and will miss them. There are not words to describe my feelings. sniff, sniff!!

We told the kids on Monday night. I was interested to see what their response would be. Ryan told them that we were moving to Utah and with out pause these were their responses (as I remember them) Riley- Cheering and really excited Hailey- "OH, I am going to miss my friends, can I have a kitty?" Sydney- "Can I have a baby chick?" Carley- Excited because everyone else was. With in five minutes Riley and Hailey were fighting about who gets to feed Grandpa's baby calves, and making plans on how to improve the tree house, and Sydney was making sure she could take her blanky and her animals. They are all so excited.

Every time I get down I go talk to the kids and feed off of their excitement. This will be a great adventure for them. I just need to find joy in the journey. I probably won't be posting much for a while due to frantic packing, and fitting in all our last wishes. When we get settled I will fill you in on the beginning of the next chapter in our lives.

11 comments:

  1. We are giong to have a blast! Just think...cousin b-day parties, campouts, gardening and canning, and you and Ryan will have free babysitting! I feel sad for you, but we will make sure that this new chapter is the best yet!

    One of my favorite quotes...

    "Don't be sad because it's over, Be happy that it happened!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tash, you always know just what to say!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to pack up and start a new life in a new place, but that is so great that you are going to be near family. Hopefully, that will make it all easier for you. I am so excited for you guys. I know we won't be out there much, but I hope we get to see you a lot when we do go out there. Good luck with all of the packing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to Mountain Home?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is a big change. Change is part of life, right? Change makes us stronger, right? You will be blessed for following the Spirit, and He will help you through all things.

    The good thing is that we can continue to keep in touch with your wonderful blog; as we have been doing since we both moved from Alhambra. Oh, the days when our oldest were only 1 years old...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...I'm gonna sure miss you! I'm almost home and then you leave! But, as I heard about the great things the kids were excited about I felt such a peaceful excitement for the real "childhood" you and Ryan are giving the kids by living out where the air is clear and where they can run, play and be kids! You really are giving them everything by having space to run, work and be with family! Especially the PaPa and Grandma! I would really love to bring my kids out to visit when we do get back west. I hear you have some sweet river rafting out that way! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kim...I am so happy for you and our family, but so sad for us. You and your beautiful family will be greatly missed. We have been in your boat and had to make those tough decisions before...and they've always turned out for the better. Good luck to you and you better visit OFTEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so hard to pack up and move to a new place. I understand how you feel completely. But you are moving with the lord's help and that is the wonderful part and blessing. I wish you the best in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry for the hard times. Feel blessed though for having such good friends and great family. We will be praying for you and hope to see you soon! Aah, such a beautiful change from all that terrible drab green scenery to all this beautiful dirt colored scenery! YAY!! :^) -Thad

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you need a stop on the way home just let me know. You are more than welcome to take a break from the road here in good old Levan, Utah. We are probably about 3 hours from your mom and dad's house. Anyway, call me if you need a potty break for the kids or anything. 435-623-4049. Good luck with everything and maybe we'll see you soon. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray! I found you Kim. It's me Michele. I have been thinking about you and missing you. I added you to my blog list so that we could keep in touch. P.S. You forgot to stuff me in your suitcase.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete