Tuesday, August 12, 2008

LeAnna Ng



LeAnna Ng
January 20, 1980 - August 4, 2008

LeAnna was my cousin (my mom's twin sisters daughter) and a friend. It came as quite a shock when I was told on the 4th that she had passed away. I hope she knows how much we loved her and will miss her. She was beautiful in so many ways. She had a beautiful voice, was very talented in the arts, drawing, painting, decorating, and she loved people. She was kind to everyone and everything.
The kids and I traveled up to her funeral on Friday. We got a little lost when we got into town and got to the church just as the funeral was starting. I was really sad about this. I really wanted to see her one last time and tell her good by. I know she wasn't really there in her body, it was more of a closure thing for me. My Mom, seeing how upset I was, arranged for us to go over and view her after the family dinner. I was relieved. The funeral was beautiful. Her parents gave the eulogy. Her husband Chuen spoke on the wonderful and simply gorgeous person she was. Finally her stake president, who also happens to be a cousin, Pres. Thompson spoke on the plan of salvation. It was perfect.
After the dinner we headed over to the funeral home. I was a little worried about what the kids would say and think. They had never been to a funeral before. It actually turned out, of all things, fun. She was gorgeous. She looked like a porcelain doll. What made it fun was the kids comments. We all got a good laugh, and I think LeAnna would have too. Maybe she was whispering to them what to say. Here are a few of my favorites;

Sydney- "Mommy pick me up so I can see the princess!" (LeAnna always
referred to herself as a princess).

Sydney- "She's a fairy princess!" (LeAnna also loved fairies.)

Hailey- "Mommy is she The Tooth Fairy?"

Sydney- "Mommy, Shh! You are going to wake her up!"

Riley's questions and comments were more serious opening up some good conversation and teaching opportunities.

LeAnna was a wonderful person! I look forward to seeing her again.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. I wish that I could give you a hug right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so great that you and Tina were able to be out there for the funeral with Lola and the fam, and I am so grateful that they had a funeral in Utah so we could all be there as well. I am glad you were able to be closer to her than some of us. I know she is/was an amazing person, and I am sad that I didn't know her more. Chun definitely enlightened us all on how amazing she was, and so that was so great to hear.

    ReplyDelete