Sunday, August 10, 2008

Timber!!

For the last few days we have been watching the trees by our house be slowly whittled away to stumps. A guy from the phone company decided that the trees had to go because they may fall on the lines. He marked them with a white X so the workers would know which trees to cut.
When that happened both Ryan and I had a good laugh. We just knew that
when they started cutting they were going to release "Hexis"(if you are confused at this point, you need to watch "Fern Gully").


We even had a tree eating machine come that he could take over, but no such excitment was to be had. Now the trees are gone and we didn't even get to see any fairies.





While we are glad that we don't have to worry about them falling on our car anymore, we were a little sad to see the big trees go. They were pretty and provided a lot of shade.

2 comments:

  1. I definately know what you're talking about. Fern Gully...what a great show! I don't think that I really understood it as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie!! That is fun to have it really happen in your front yard. My kids would go crazy!

    ReplyDelete