Monday, December 8, 2008

The best baby shower favors EVER!

Brittany, my little sister, is having her first baby in January. This last Saturday my Fabulous sister-in-law Tasha threw her a shower. Since I live in CA and they are in UT I don't get to be a part of any of the fun stuff like this. I usually try to find a way to be there or be a part of it in some way. I really don't like being left out. Anyway, Tasha and my Mom called one day looking for ideas for a party favor. Tasha had a really cute poem, but didn't know what to put it on. My first suggestion was diapers, which would have been cute, but way too easy. The second and much more grand idea was Onsies. I think they turned out really cute. They were supposed to have candy inside of them, but when I went to put the candy inside it split the seams. I ended up putting the candy in a tool bag attached by the bow on the neck. I had also intended to stitch with brown ribbon around the neck line, but I ran out of time. They were a lot of work, but I think they turned out pretty cute. A big thanks to Ryan, who drew my template for me, and Hailey who put on all the cute rhinestones. Too bad they didn't get to the shower, I shipped them too late. Not that it really mattered anyway. After all the hard work Tasha put into the shower only one person showed up. Even the people who had RSVP didn't show. Come on people that is pathetic!!

5 comments:

  1. Those are just adorable. I love them. I am sure you will find use for them in the future. I will have to keep you in mind when I need a good idea, which is really hard to come by in my fried brain. That is too bad that only one person showed up. I am so sorry to hear that. I promise you, if I lived out there, I would have gone. I love baby and bridal showers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pathetic! Only One? Too bad for them, because they really did miss out on the best baby favors EVER! and I don't have a clue what happens at baby showers to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I know you would have been there. Your sweet mother was the only guest. It really bothers me that there is so much family in the area and only one aunt could find the time to show. We made sure to support all of them and their daughters when it was their time the least they could do is return the favor. I can't even express how upset I am. The only word that even came close to covering it was PATHETIC!!!! What is the point of having family around when there is no support. It seems to be an all too common thread these days.

    Weston, I will have to send you one so you won't miss out on the best baby favor EVER!! Well I would if I had them anymore. They are now, all 30 of them, in Utah. Sorry I totally missed Becky's shower. Didn't know anything about it. I do have gifts for mom and baby though. I will have to get them shipped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that your sister is going to have a baby...Amazing how time marches on with or without me! They are cute favors! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute family! We want to send your family a Christmas card, email me your new address - lfellars@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete