Friday, November 14, 2008

Profound Gratitude

It is hard for me to believe that last week was election week and the end of soccer.  Since I have had so much less to do and to pull at my time, it seems that time has moved differently.  I feel like last week should have been weeks ago instead of days ago.  Maybe that is because so much has happened since then.  Things that I have no control over and that I can only stand by and watch in dismayed silence.  I am more grateful today than last week that I was able to stand for something so important as restoring the definition of marriage in California.  It seems the more opposition there is and the more misunderstanding is shown, the more solid I become in my stance.  If that is possible.  I am profoundly grateful for the knowledge I have of the Savior and his eternal plan for us.  For the knowledge that even though this may be a short won battle in the great war of what is to come that everything will be okay.  I am also grateful for the peace of mind that this knowledge brings.  I have been overwhelmed and admittedly a little surprised by the amount of peace that I feel.  I had a friend call me today and tell me she was afraid for me and my family because we BELONG to The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints.  I told her thanks for the worry, but we are okay, and will be.  I know that no matter what opposition comes from this or anything else we will be okay. 

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that! Thanks for sharing.

    It is amazing the peace knowledge of the truth can bring. I am so grateful for our Savior and the knowledge He gives us through a living, modern day prophet.

    ReplyDelete