Friday, November 14, 2008

You are trying to do what?

This morning while I was composing my first post for the day, I know I'm on a roll today this is number three, I heard Sydney get into the fridge.  I asked her what she was doing.  I didn't get a satisfactory answer so I went to investigate.  Sydney and Carley were standing in the kitchen looking at a broken egg on the floor.  I thought that is weird.  I asked Sydney why she got an egg out of the fridge.  "I don't know."  Okay.  I asked her to stay out of the fridge and went to get ready to leave for the day.  Again I heard her in the fridge so I came out to investigate. This time I found an empty egg carton on the floor in front of the fridge.  I thought that was a little strange, but decided that the broken egg must have been the last in that container.  I threw away the container and continued getting ready.  Finally I came into the living room where the girls were watching PBS cartoons, yes I plugged them in while I was getting ready, and told Sydney that it was time to do her hair.  Now look at this picture and see if you see anything out of place.


Don't see anything unusual, look a little closer.



Okay, if you still don't see it here is the extreme close up.



Yes, she was sitting on three eggs.  She was really upset when I took them away too.  I asked her why she had them. "Because"  I told her that maybe if I understood why she wanted them then we could work it out.  She said that something to the effect that she was watching a movie and wanted the eggs.  My best guess is that one of the cartoons had something about birds sitting on eggs and baby chicks coming out.  If you read the post before this you know that Sydney loves baby animals.  So much so that she was willing to put the time in and sit on those eggs until they hatched.  I tried to explain to her that it wouldn't work with our eggs.  I don't think she got it though.  When we were walking out the door she was back to begging for the egg so she could snuggle it and have it be her baby.  I love her imagination.  I forgot to add that to her birthday blog. Sydney has a very active and vivid imagination.  I am also amazed and grateful that she was so gentle with them that they didn't break on my chair.  She is probably grateful for that too, even if she doesn't know it. 

3 comments:

  1. I love stories like that. That is just so stinkin funny. I am glad she didn't break one on the chair as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story...I love the innocence of children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha-ha-ha! Sitting on eggs...

    I've never had that one. I am SO glad that the eggs didn't break on the chair. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete