Saturday, September 6, 2008

Carley's New Trick

I have known for a while that if Carley tried she would be able to crawl out of her crib onto the dresser. Knowing this I intended to move her mattress down to the lowest notch. Every morning when I got her out of her crib I would think, "I need to do that today", and every night when I would put her back to bed I would think, "I need to do that tomorrow."
Well on Friday my procrastination caught up with me. I was in my room doing something with the other girls when we heard these funny plopping noises in the girls room. I asked Hailey to quietly go and see what the noise was. Quietly because Carley was supposed to be sleeping. Next thing I know Hailey is screaming that I need to come quick. Thinking something was really wrong I rushed to the room. When I walked in and saw Carley all I could do was shake my head and laugh. Oh, and tell Hailey to run and get the camera. What else was there to do but document Carley's new trick. She was sitting on the dresser looking at books and dropping them on the floor. She was quite pleased with herself too. You would think I would immediately fix the problem and adjust the mattress so she could no longer climb out. If you did, thank you for giving me undeserved credit. It is still where it was. Maybe I'll get to it on Monday. Hee Hee!!



1. "Hi Mommy, Look What I can do!!"
2. "I am SO proud of myself!"



That pretty much says it all.

6 comments:

  1. Yikes! Funny that you asked for the camera before you got her down. (I think I would have done the same.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I'm ready for this thing called FAMILY. We need to be around you and the fam. so I get adjusted before our big day. How are the kids enjoying school. I must have been a nerd because I liked the first day of school...now the second day, that's another story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I stood by her until Hailey came with the camera. I don't think she would have moved though. She was way to happy with her big self.
    Becky & weston, you will be great at this thing called Family. Being around all the kids will just make you scared. j/k We would be more than happy to have you around. Don't forget that they come one at a time to break you in. The first few are just for practice until you get the hang of it. HEE, HEE! Okay, I'm just joking. Although I have seen a blog, "Preparing children for therapy since..." I have to agree that some days I feel that way. The kids love school. Mine love it every day so don't tell them they are not supposed to. If they are being slow in the mornings I tell them that I will keep them home if they don't hurry. It always fixes the problem. They LOVE school! Or maybe they just don't want to stay home with me. HUM. :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just so funny. I am with ya there on the procrastinating. It must run in the family. She is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim...You are just like me! I have things that I say that about everyday...."I have to get to that tomorrow" It doesn't always happen. I am glad that you got pictures!

    ReplyDelete