Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Gotta love it!!



Every night Riley and Hailey have to read for their homework. I have been telling Riley for a few years now, basically since he could read, that when this time came it would be his job to read to his sister. Now please understand that I am not trying to get out of one of my motherly responsibilities. I love to read to my kids and most nights end up reading to them myself. There is a mission in this madness. I was hoping that (1) this would improve Riley's reading. Riley loves to read and is already a great reader, however when you hear how the words sound and how you say thing while you are reading you improve even more. (2) That Riley and Hailey would find something that they could do together without fighting. I am excited to say that so far it has worked. I think because Riley is a great influence on his sister. He has a great desire to get his homework done each night so he can play 20 min of video games. If homework is done with no fighting this happens. If there is fighting it is a no go. Riley will find Hailey have her pick out a few books and sit down to read. Pretty soon the other girls climb up to listen too. I love that they are doing this together. It is one of those moments that makes you stop and be grateful for the beautiful little blessings they are.

3 comments:

  1. I love walking into the room with all of my kids sitting together reading. Nothing warms my heart more. Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh. That was definitely a kodak moment. What a good big bro to read to his sisters. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that Samantha can read to all her sisters. She has to read everyday for school, why not entertain the little ones while she does it?

    ReplyDelete