Sunday, September 28, 2008

SNAKE!!!



Okay just a little one. Even though it was little it still creeped me out. Since they cut down our trees and left the logs all about, Riley has been finding all sorts of things. Mostly beetles and bugs, but the other day he found a little gopher snake. It was probably only about six inches long. Just a little thing. He called us all out to see it. Sydney was in the tub and Carley was still eating. Being the great brother he is Riley really wanted to show all his sisters. I think he was secretly hoping they would be scared of it. I ran into the house, grabbed a Tupperware, (probably the same one we had the centipede in earlier this year), and had Ryan put the snake in it so we could show the girls. I was worried that Riley would try to scare his sisters so I kept control of the container. We brought it to Carley, she wasn't too impressed. While we were showing her I shifted the container in my hands and ended up with one right under the snake. No big deal there was plastic between. Well the snake must not have liked the warmth from my hand because it uncoiled and stared trying to get out of the container. I freaked out, screamed, like one of my little girls, and threw the thing onto the table. Why the table you may ask. Good question. Well while I was screaming and freaking out I thought that if I let the snake go in my house it could be very bad. I was hoping that the table would give someone, not me, enough time to grab it before it got away. Fortunately the snake stayed in the container, probably because I almost knocked him out when I threw him across the room. After that Riley took over the showing off of the snake.

1 comment:

  1. I probably would have even been too chicken to let the thing come in my house. I'm not too fond of snakes. What a good mom you are to let Riley show the girls.

    ReplyDelete