Monday, September 15, 2008

I finally figured it out...

....fall is my favorite time of the year. Yes, I have lived 29 years and I just figured this out. Last week I was feeling especially happy and cheerful. When I stopped and thought about why I realized that the weather had cooled down a little and the breeze felt fresh and cool. I love it when the weather is like that. I really hate being hot, so when fall comes along and things cool down I am in heaven. I always tell people you can always put on more clothes, but you can only take off so many. I love the soggy (as my kids call them) ,also known as foggy, mornings when it takes until 10 or 11 for the marine layer to burn off and it stays in the mid to low 70's the whole day. Okay we are talking about fall in So. Cal. There are no frozen nose hairs or scraping of windshields here. I love the excitement in the air in anticipation of the upcoming holidays. The changing leaves. I love it all! Unfortunately since it is So. Cal it has warmed up this week. I am looking forward to more of those soggy mornings!!

1 comment:

  1. Ya, I agree. When I moved to the city a long time ago I realized how hot it got, like in the 100s. (I don't ever think it got that hot out in the basin, and if it did, it always seemed to have a breeze.) Then, fall and spring would roll around, and it was perfect to be outside because it was not too hot and not too cold.

    ReplyDelete