Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day Of School


The first day of school is finally here and the kids are so excited!! They had their clothes laid out last night and were ready to go. We woke up a little later than we had planned, (Rough night with noisy neighbors. Maybe more on that later.) so it was a little more rushed than I would have liked.




Check out Hailey's backpack. It wasn't enough to have just a plain purple bag, I had to glam it up. Riley told Hailey that she will have the cutest backpack of all the girls at school. What a good brother!



We got Hailey to school just in time to jump into the end of the line and walk into her classroom. I'm kind of glad it turned out that way. I always get a little sad with them leaving for their first school experience. (The girl behind Hailey was having a hard time, or was it her parents, so it made it impossible to get a picture of Hailey without the whole family.)



Riley had a little more time to hang out and play before his class started. Kindergarten starts 30 min. before the rest of the school does. He was really excited to find out that he had the same teacher he had last year, she moved up to third grade this year, and that one of the boys from his soccer team is in his class.




I think they are both going to have a great year and a lot of fun. Sydney and I have been having a lot of fun so far today. We read a few stories, watched a cartoon, and now she is playing with blocks and animals while I do this. Carley is down for her nap. Although it is tough for me to say good by to the older kids and let them go, I must admit this is pretty nice.

5 comments:

  1. I am so happy that I figured out from Kali, Brittney, and Tasha at my recent trip to Utah for the funeral that you all had blogs. I was this loner on Troy's side of the family that just had his side of the family to blog with. I am ecstatic to know my family is in on it as well. So, your family is gorgeous. I can't believe how much they have all grown. Gosh, either Riley is way tall or his friend is way short. Looking at those surfing pics of him is just so crazy to think he is that big. Wow, we miss you all, and it is so fun to look at and read your blog. I know you are a busy, busy mom, so thanks for sharing your family with us on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, right now I am playing catch up on my blog, and so I have not yet posted anything about LeAnna yet, and since I do not have a recent pic of her, I just thought I would copy yours that you have of her on your blog. Hope you don't mind. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you find it so much easier to run errands with only 2 kids? I miss my two older girls, but it is so much easier to get things done when they are in school. ;)

    I love the backpack! You are so crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on the backpack! Did you write her name? What pretty handwriting. I think I will just cry when I send little Tanner to school, so don't make fun the whole family in the picture. It will totally be me one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ryan wrote the name and I hand stitched over it. Team effort. Oh, I had a hard time when Riley went, and Hailey too for that matter. I just try really hard not to let it show to them. They are already a little nervous, if they see I am having a hard time it would only make things worse. I save my tears for the car.

    ReplyDelete